Except for the sagging album sales which is prevalent in the Korean music industry nowadays save for a few exceptions like DBSK, the Wonder Girls have already achieved a lot since their debut last year and their CEO Park Jin Young thinks that they are ready to move on to the next level, America.
Park Jin Young held an informational meeting at the JYP Center yesterday where he talked about the Wonder Girls and their future plans for fans.
1. No specific information was revealed but it’s confirmed that “Nobody” will be the Wonder Girls last album before they leave for America on 14th February next year. They will have their concert in Korea before leaving. They will do promotions in America with lots of breaks in between unlike their Korea promotions which was always full of activities from day to night and made the girls very tired. The length of the breaks were not specified by the staff.
They are going there to recharge themselves and JYP has a special project planned for the Wonder Girls. (Then what about school for Ye Eun, Sun Mi, So Hee and Yoo Bin? Sun Ye is not going for entrance exams this year?)
2. With regards to the image and song leak prior to the album release, it was not a marketing gimmick but a real leak. (Who did it then? Ghost?)
3. There aren’t any fan-signing events planned because it’s too tiring for the girls who had to sign approximately 150 CDs in a hour last time.
4. There are no plans for HyunA to return to the Wonder Girls who will remain a 5-member group. They declined to reveal any plans for HyunA for the future.
5. No birthday parties for the Wonder Girls because they have a hectic schedule to keep. JYPE didn’t want to make promises without being able to keep it.
6. No DVD of the fanmeeting will be released. The Wonder Girls are not against the idea but they are not sure since it was a special moment for them.
7. They did not want to release CDs that are the same of other artistes; If they tried selling CDs at fan signings, the girls would have to sign 3000 CDS in a hour which is too taxing.
8. The numerous outdoor performances and concerts are due to the television PDs requests. Basically it’s between the PDs and the company.
9. They will put more effort and spruce up the website.
10. There are rumors that JYPE are not allowing the Wonder Girls to talk on fancafes and reveal themselves. They deny that and said 2PM are talking on fancafes. It’s the Wonder Girls decision on whether they want to do it or not.
11. JYPE are trying to change So Hee’s on-air personality and behavior. But one cannot change their personality. So Hee has acknowledged it however and knows that she needs to change. Ye Eun has signed on with JYPE as a composer in addition to being a Wonder Girl member.
12. They ordered lightsticks but due to errors, they are only preparing them now. There are no talk of any change in their balloon colors.
13. They do not care about the doubling of the chorus part in “Nobody”. They realize that although the girls are lacking in talent, when they sing good, they have to praise them. When they do badly, instead of yelling at them, they have to encourage them that they will do better the next time round.
14. Park Jin Young himself determines the concept. Make-up is done by a old-timer in the company so it’s hard to change the make-up, etc.
15. When the Wonder Girls are doing promotions in America, they would have been prepared well enough so that they would not be embarassed. The music industry in Korea is shrinking with lesser and lesser CDs being sold. JYP expressed that he always want to make his artistes the best, number 1 and at the top. Everything he does has a heavy American influence.
Sceptical about their command of the English language? Watch this!
As always, all the things listed above are subject to change.
Credit: kris@soompi for translation and explanation